My go to workplace makeup when you have no time

Leave a Comment
I have a rather ambivalent relationship with make up. I am perfectly happy going on nights out and to work without wearing any, however, if I know I have to attend a hearing or go to a conference I try to make sure that I look more polished. Then there are the occassions where last minute I have to go to a meeting or see a client in which case I have a few products that I always reach for that I thought I would share.

Under eye concealer

I personally do not wear foundation day to day as my skin has always been pretty clear and that slightly awkward pale shade where foundation looks orangey or obviously fake. I do however have slightly dark circles (pale skin problems) that need a lift and I tend to reach for Bobbi Brown's under eye brightener to help me look like I have slept properly. Unfortunately this product was discontinued and has been replaced with Instant Full Coverage Concealer which I recently tested and will be purchasing once the existing product runs out.

Mascara 

If there was one product that makes you instantly look more done it is mascara. I tend to buy miniatures as they do not go off, or dry before I need to replace them. When I bought full sized mascaras I found that I had to throw them out whilst there was still a lot of product. Plus they are convenient to carry in a handbag. Currently I am using Benefit Roller Lash which you can buy as a miniature in larger Boots.

Eyeliner

You can get away without wearing eye shadow and still look "done" with a slick of gel or liquid eyeliner. I prefer the Bobbi Brown long wear gel eyeliners as they really grip and last all day and dries without looking flaky or harsh. I tend to use either Steel ink (a rich navy that looks like a soft blue black with a hint of shimmer) or Espresso ink (a matte true brown). I use the Real Techniques silicone eyeliner brush with gel eyeliner as it gives a real good fine line and the silicone is incredibly easy to clean after use.

For days where I am in more of a rush or I suddenly find myself being called into a meeting I use Rimmel's Wonder Wing eyeliner which is a felt tip style eyeliner. At first the tip looks like its a funny shape but is designed to be used as a stamp to create a precise and symmetrical wing of eyeliner at the edge of the eye and then the tip can draw a line across the eyelid. It only comes in true black and I wish that there was either a very dark grey version or a black/brown version which would be more flattering on days where I look a little tired.

Cream Blusher/Multiples

I always think that I look fresher if I have a little blusher on and with dry skin cream blusher are particularly flattering and can often be dabbed on lips as well for a little extra colour.
Bobbi Brown again comes up trumps with Pot Rouge for lips and cheeks. I currently have Fresh Melon which works well with my freckles and cool toned skin but there is a whole range of different colours to flatter.

I also used Charlotte Tilbury's Beach stick in Moon Beach which is a shimmery peach shade and is a slightly dryer formula which is better for days where you feel like you need a little glow.

Tinted Lip balm 

Whilst the Blushes I use can also be applied to lips I like to use Vaseline Lip Therapy Rosy lips for a hint of colour which will not dry out my lips in air conditioning





SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PROFESSIONAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig